- Cost is $55.00 per person for equipment hire and training. The full fee is required to secure your booking (to be paid via PayPal/credit card).
- Come & Try days are in the mornings (10.00am to 1.00pm) of certain Saturdays during the year. Students can stay after their class to continue practicing with the rest of the club members.
- Minimum age is 8 years old, and they must be physically strong enough to hold about 6 kg in their dominant hand (when they pull the string back it will feel like they are holding 6 kg)
- Enclosed footwear is essential! Open-toe sandals and thongs are not allowed to be worn on the archery range for safety.
- Hire includes a recurve bow, arrows, arm guard, finger tab, chest guard (if required) and bow stand plus insurance cover, basic tuition, and supervision by Club Instructors for 3 hours.
- Under our insurance cover policy, EVERYONE must have a Temporary Membership (free) – You will need to fill in the form which you can download below, or complete at the club before the class begins.
- Everyone attending the class and parents or visitors should come down to the field to sign on at the desk under the tent. Look for the ramp entry sign to get to the field.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the class to get ready.
- We cater for a maximum of 18 people per morning.
- Parking under trees for shade is NOT recommended due to the possibility of falling branches damaging vehicles.
- Club ground is located at 427 Wacol Station Road, Sumner (approx. 200 metres South of the intersection with Sumners Road.)
- Look out for the big “Centenary Archers Club” sign near the driveway!
Book you class here!
Choose a date from the list below, complete the booking form and pay the full fee of $55 per person (PayPal or credit card) to secure your booking.
You will need to read this information:
And also complete and bring this form with you:
For additional booking enquiries please e-mail email@example.com
Please Note: Come & Try days may be cancelled due to weather – excessive heat, constant rain, thunderstorm, or lightning. If the weather is occasional rain showers, the Come & Try day will still go ahead. If it is decided to cancel the Come & Try day, all registrants will be contacted by mobile or email on the day, and a notice will be put on Facebook.
Come & Try Days are supervised by a Archery Australia qualified Instructors. All Instructors have Positive Blue Card Notices under the Child Protection Act (Qld) and the Club has a Child Protection Policy in accordance with the Archery Australia Club Management Manual. The Club also has a Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policy in place.
Everyone attending the course, and parents or visitors, should come down to the field to sign on at the desk. The Clubhouse has a bathroom, but not potable water. Drinking water is available in jugs on the field. We also have a range of cold soft drinks, bottled water, and chips for sale. There is also tea and coffee available – you’ll just need to boil the jug.
What to Bring
The archery ranges are open field areas, so there is little shade available on the shooting line during the lesson. Portable pergolas will be set up behind the shooting line for shade during Summer. Please wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions, especially during summer, as the lessons will have you standing in the sun for a couple of hours – a bottle of water, hat and sunscreen are recommended! Shaded areas are available behind the archery shooting line for parents and visitors to setup chairs and picnic blankets. All parents are welcome to stay, but it is not a requirement.